doing our part since 1999
Achievements at Iracambi
21 years of a success story
This year, Iracambi celebrates our twenty first birthday! And we’d love to share some of our success stories with you.
Come with us on a time machine and see what Iracambi and the local community have achieved over the past twenty years to make the world a better place! It all started in 1987 when the Le Breton family, then living in Recife, came by car to visit Minas Gerais and bought an abandoned farm in the Graminha valley.
Remember the story of the hummingbird doing her part?
So, like the hummingbird we too have doing our part. For twenty one years. And we’re heading into our third decade with renewed energy, using all the tools at our disposal, fighting to protect the magnificent Atlantic Forest and its amazing biodiversity for future generations to enjoy.
Please take a moment to look at what we’ve achieved in twenty years.
- 500 hectares of forests under permanent protection.
- 4,500 hectares of Environmental Protection Areas established.
- 150,000 native species trees raised in our forest nursery and planted.
- 600 farm families passed through our training programs.
- 2,000 researchers, students and volunteers from 71 countries welcomed to share their skills with Iracambi.
- 150,000 people impacted in the nine counties bordering the State Park.
Today, Iracambi remains firm and strong under new leadership. Enthusiastic. Excited. Confident.