Fundraising tips for Rainforest Heroes supporting Junior Scientists @ Iracambi
First of all we want to say a big thank you for offering to support our program – it’s thanks to people like you that we wake up in the morning with a smile on our faces. (Well, usually!)
Now about running a fundraising campaign. The first thing you need to know is that it’s easy, and it can be a lot of fun. Here are some fundraising tips to get you started, and remember that we’ve got your back. If you need help and support at any stage during your campaign just shoot us an email and we’ll get back to you. Plus, we have another secret weapon on the ground. Her name is Alexis, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and she’s always available to help.
Ready? Let’s get started.
- Did you sign up on our web form? That way we’ll know that you’re in with us, and can give you all the help and support we can. Allergic to forms? Shoot us an email instead.
- Check out the link to the fundraiser page – http://www.globalgiving.org/dy/v2/fundraiser-new/type – and decide what type of fundraiser you are going for. Is it a general fundraiser, are you asking for sponsorship to do something crazy? Your friends and contacts know you, but they don’t know Iracambi. Tell them that GlobalGiving has stringent vetting procedures for its partner organizations so they can be sure that the money you raise will support the project. Give them the link to the Iracambi site https://iracambi.com/
- Now for creating the page itself. Put an intriguing title and a great photo to attract attention and then share it on your social networks. (We’re happy to help out with photos or ideas, just contact email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.)
Include the link to the video http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/brazils-junior-scientists-restore-rainforest-iracambi/so they can see what the project is all about. Tell them why you are supporting this Iracambi project – did you have an amazing time here? Iracambi’s tagline: Saving Forests Changing Lives – did your time at Iracambi change your life? Saving forests: do you feel strongly about helping kids become the guardians of the rainforest? What is the hook? Put a widget or give now button on your FB page or blogs. You can track your progress on your fundraising page, and follow up by email, phone calls, FB, twitter etc. Attack on as many fronts as you can! Consider creating a Facebook group for the fundraiser, and remember to update the group or the friends in your network as you go along. The more creative you can make your fundraiser the better. Ask all your friends and contacts to share your page on their networks too. Every donation counts!
The campaign will start on September 1st 2013 and run throughout the month, so get your fundraising page prepared in advance and post a couple of teasers on your social networks beforehand – please support me during the month of September as I run a marathon/dye my hair blue/give up coffee/run a fundraiser for a project that is close to my heart. All set?
- Launch your page as early in the month as you can.
And here are the rules of the game!
– The campaign begins on September 1, 2013 at 12:01 am EDT (This time in your time zone) and ends on September 30, 2013 at 11:59 pm EDT (This time in your time zone)
– Fundraisers must raise at least $500 from at least 10 unique donors in order to qualify for the $50 match, donor prizes, and financial bonus awards.
– Some of the donor prizes are JetBlue tickets are for domestic travel only in the US, and must be used by November 30, 2013.
– Limit one fundraiser per person. If you create multiple fundraisers, only one of the fundraisers will be eligible for matching prizes.
– Only online donations (credit card, PayPal, or gift card) are eligible for this campaign. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
– Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. GlobalGiving will monitor these and other parameters in their system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award. (!)
Thank you and good luck! We really appreciate your help!